Because everyone, no matter their eating restrictions, should be able to participate in the grand American tradition of fast food.
1. Vegan McDonald’s McChicken Sandwich
Yes making your own seitan, breading and sauce is a bit time consuming. But you know what’s way more time consuming? Raising your own chicken.
2. Vegetarian Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme
This one involves minimal actual cooking — it’s mostly smushing, spreading and wrapping.
3. Vegan KFC Double Down
For any vegan really committed to living the fast food dream: Make a sandwich out of fried seitan, vegan cheese, and obvs vegan bacon.
4. Vegetarian California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Salad
You know what’s even better than BBQ chicken? BBQ tofu.
5. Vegan Chick-Fil-A Sandwich
Friendly to animals, people of all sexual orientations, and anyone who considers heating up a fake chicken patty “cooking.”
6. Vegan and Gluten-Free Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich
The “chicken” is marinated and fried tempeh. Smart!
7. Vegan McDonald’s Filet O’ Fish Sandwich
Fish, chickpeas: Either way you’re covering it in delicious tartar sauce, so what’s the diff?
8. Vegetarian Taco Bell Mexican Pizzas
Beans + Tortillas + Accoutrement = A final product that looks so much better than the real one, tbh.
9. Vegan McDonald’s French Fries
McDonald’s uses beef flavor in its fries. You don’t need to. Salt, vinegar and peanut oil will work just fine.
10. Vegan McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets
Making breaded and fried seitan is not “fast” but at least you know it’s actual “food.”
11. Vegetarian Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Just sub in vegetable broth for chicken, and voila! Vegetarian.
12. Vegan McDonald’s Big Mac
A tofu-based sauce, combined with a chickpea-based burger makes a delicious vegan sandwich that tastes better than anything you’d get at the drive-thru.
13. Vegan KFC Popcorn Chicken
The dried soy chunks the recipe calls for are not as hard to find as they sound — you can find them in the dried food aisle of health food stores.
14. Vegan Sonic Frito Chili Cheese Wrap
Yes, it will take you some time to make this seitan, chili, vegan cheese and Frito recipe. But the second it hits your lips… it will all be just a memory.
15. Vegan P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef
I mean, what’s really the difference between Mongolian beef and tofu, anyway?
16. Vegan Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana
Not for anyone afraid of fake meat products.
17. Vegan Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
Tofu: What can’t it do?
18. Vegan In-N-Out Double Double
Sort of a cheaters recipe since it calls for frozen veggie burgers, but it still hits the spot.