Yellowish accumulations at the base of the teeth are an unaesthetic problem that can become a determining factor in the apparition of periodontitis. It is therefore indicated a visit to the dentist twice a year and, if the doctor recommends, a dental cleaning.
In addition, you must not forget to make a properly flossing and brushing at least twice a day. When tartar deposits are small, they can be removed without much effort, using natural methods.
Simple methods to get rid of tartar
1. The easiest way to get rid of tartar is to use an ingredient that anyone has in the kitchen: baking soda. Keep this miracle powder in a container in the bathroom, so you can use it once every two weeks when brushing your teeth. All you have to do is sprinkle a little baking soda on your wet toothbrush and brush your teeth as normally.
If you’re a fan of homemade natural products, you can prepare a homemade mouthwash.
You need the following ingredients:
– A tablespoon of baking soda;
– A cup of water;
– 10 drops of lemon essential oil;
– 4 teaspoons vegetable glycerin;
– 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
Mix well all the ingredients and keep the obtained mouthwash in a glass container. Use it after each brushing teeth or when you feel the need to refresh your breath. Baking soda will remove plaque and lemon essential oil will help to maintain healthy gums.
2. Tomatoes and strawberries contain plenty of acids such as ascorbic acid (also known as vitamin C), so give results if used once a month to remove tartar by simply rubbing the teeth for five minutes with a piece of vegetable or fruit. Afterwards, you can use the homemade mouthwash. The results will be amazing!
3. Make a walnut decoction using 35 grams of fresh walnut leaves. The leaves are put into a pot and boil 15 minutes. After the decoction has cooled a little bit, soak your toothbrush and rub well your teeth. Brushing should last 5 minutes a day and the treatment should be followed for 15 days.
4. Use honey to prevent the nasty tartar. Studies over the last decade have shown that the antibacterial propriety of honey is due to some enzymes that contain hydrogen peroxide, which is used by dentists for cleaning the plaque.
Even if there is a belief that if we eat less sweets or not at all, we will not have problems with teeth and gums, we provide a sweet herbal remedy that eliminates tartar.
How can you use honey to prevent tartar?
– Prepare a mouthwash of one teaspoon of honey diluted in 80-100 ml of warm water. Rinse your mouth after every meal.
– Mix toothpaste you use in daily brushing with an equal amount of honey.
– Rub your teeth and gums with honey after brushing your teeth.